This two story residence is T shaped in plan with a rear addition and has an intersecting gable roof with composition shingles. Shiplap siding with corner pilasters covers the exterior. Brick piers support the building. The windows are paired one over one double hung wood sash with a projecting cornice and a picture window. The back door has round headed panels. There is an interior corbelled chimney. The corner entrance has been enclosed and a picture window has replaced the original rectangular bay window. The building faces east on South Third Street and is in fair condition. There is a two car garage associated with the structure. The building is covered with a gable roof and clad with shiplap siding. The building was occupied by the McDonald family in 1941. McDonald operated a tire store on Main Street in Independence.
EC= Eligible/ Contributing
NHD= Listed in Historic District
[House] Comments: NC outbuilding; picture window added
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow