This two story commercial building is rectangular in plan with a rear extension. There is a truncated gable roof with a parapet wall. Composition shingle covers the brick exterior. The building is constructed of brick and cement block on the second story. The retail base windows have a wood frame and the upper story has aluminum sash windows. There are full height brick pilasters and a recessed corner entry. The retail base and front elevation have been altered. The building faces east on Main Street and is in fair condition. The original owners of the building in the 1880's were Mr. Belt and Mr. Whitaker. They operated a furniture business in the building until about 1900. Remnants of a painted sign on the north elevation reads: "Whitaker Furniture." A Chinese restaurant was located in the building in the early 1900's.
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow