This one and one half story residence is asymmetrical in plan and has a bellcast multi-hip roof with shed roof corners on the east and west elevations. Asphalt shingles cover the original siding material. There is a concrete foundation. The windows are double hung wood sash and many have been replaced. There is a decorative frieze board and brackets which encircle the roof line. The gabled entry porch has a solid balustrade. Alterations include the dormers which were added c. 1920 and the asphalt shingles. The building faces south on the corner of South Third Street and "C" Street, and is in good condition. The building was constructed in 1885 by A. Hodgins Kosterman. Later long time residents of the building included Dr. and Mrs. George Knott. Dr. Knott was a respected physician in the community for years.
NC= Not Eligible/ Non-Contributing
NHD= Listed in Historic District
Comments: Period addiitions; EC garage.
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow