This one and one half story residence is rectangular in plan. It has a jerkinhead roof with a front gable, exposed rafters and is covered with composition shingles. Narrow weatherboard siding with cornerboards and shingles in the upper story, cover the exterior. A concrete foundation supports the building. The windows are twenty-cover the exterior. A concrete foundation supports the building. The windows are twenty-four over one double hung wood sash with projecting cornices. The front entrance has a paneled door. The gable porch has squat boxed porch columns with capitals and decorative brackets. The building faces north on "B" Street and is in good condition.
There is a contributing two car garage with a gable roof and narrow weatherboard siding associated with the residence. The structure has a multi-paned panel garage doors.
The building was occupied by D.P. McCarthy from the 1920's until the 1930's. McCarthy owned a hop yard on the east side of the Willamette River. Jim Hart resided in the building in the 1950's. Hart owned the Ford dealership which was located at 386 S. Main Street.