This one story residence is asymmetrical in plan and has a truncated hip roof with a frontal gable covered with wood shingles. Narrow shiplap siding with cornerboards sheaths the exterior. Vertical paving stones support the building. The windows are multi-light casement. There is a sunburst ornament in the gable end and a wide barge board with paired brackets at the eaves. The windows have been replaced ca. 1930, and the porch enclosed. The building faces west on South Fourth Street and is in good condition.
There is a one car garage associated with the structure. The garage has a gable roof and is covered with shiplap siding. Alterations to the structure include plywood garage doors. The building was occupied by Bill Ramey in the 1940s.
EC= Eligible/ Contributing
NHD= Listed in Historic District
[House] Comments: Altered fenestration (size) - vinyl sliders; Concrete block foundation. 2 NC detached sheds, 1large NC garage
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow