The one story building is rectangular in plan and has a truncated hip roof with a small intersecting front gable. A wide frieze board, with decorative brackets, extends around the perimeter. There are paired one over one double hung wood sash windows on the east and west elevations. The are paired one over one double hung wood sash windows on the east and west elevations. The exterior is sheathed with variegated shingle siding. A concrete block foundation supports the building. The front porch projects from the main volume of the house and is covered by a gable roof. Exposed rafter ends and purlins embellish the porch roof, which is supported with boxed posts. Alterations include residing (ca. 1920), the replacement of the front bay window, and a new foundation (1983). The building is located on the corner of "D" Street and South Fourth Street and is in good condition.
The building was occupied by A.G. Foster in the 1930s. Foster was the Mayor of Independence from 1940 to 1941 and a depot agent at the Southern Pacific Railroad depot in Independence.