This one story mortuary is L shaped in plan and has a bellcast gable roof covered with composition shingles. Vertical board siding sheath the exterior. The windows are fixed pane. There is an attached garage on the west end of the building which faces south on the corner of Monmouth Street and South Fourth. It is in good condition.
The first mortuary located on the site was operated by the Keeney Brothers until 1929 when it was sold to the Smiths and Bauns. The present building was built by the Parmenters in 1965. The business was sold to the Farmstroms in 1978.
NP= Not Eligible/ Out of Period
NHD= Listed in Historic District
Comments: Updated garage doors; vinyl windows