414 S 5th

Classification:
Secondary
Year Built:
1907
Style:
Bungalow

The composition shingle roof has a center gable with wide eaves and gabled blind dormers and a chimney on the north elevation. It has purlines brackets and barge boards. The siding is alternating ship-lap and beveled. It features a cast stone foundation with the cast stones carried across the east elevation and featured in the porch. The windows are double hung and fixed sash. There is a detached garage built in the same style with a cast stone foundation and siding of alternating shiplap and beveled. There has been a carport added to the front of this garage. Both the house and garage are in good condition. There has been a rear addition.

This house was built by C.A. McLaughlin who was a noted hop farmer and president of the First National Bank of Independence, now know as Key Bank. His wife was Lola Fluke and on her death he donated the money to build the Presbyterian Church in her memory.

Drupal 6 Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux