This one and one half story residence is rectangular in plan and has a gable roof with a slightly bellcast gable dormer, a hip dormer and fire retardant shingles. Undulating fire retardant shingles sheath the exterior. A wooden water table with a molded cap tops the cast stone foundation. The windows are paired one over one double hung wood sash and fixed pane. There is a rectangular bay window. The gable entry porch has brackets and cast stone and wood boxed porch posts. The roof has exposed rafters and brackets. There is a stone chimney. The front porch has been enclosed with fixed pane windows. The building faces east on the corner of South Main Street and "D" Street and is in good condition. There is a detached garage located to the west in a compatible style with stone on the side elevations. The building was constructed by the Cooper family around 1914. Other occupants include Dr. O'Donnell and Gladys and Clifford Glassen. The Glassens were occupants from about 1945 until the 1960's. The stone work on the building is probably the work of Clyde Williams.
EC= Eligible/ Contributing
NHD= Listed in Historic District
Comments: Period additions to west. EC garage
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow