This two story residence is a modified L shaped plan and is covered with an intersecting gable roof with composition shingles. Narrow shiplap siding with cornerboards sheaths the exterior. A wooden watertable caps the concrete foundation. The windows are one over one double hung wood sash with a projecting cornice. There is a diamond paned window on the north elevation. The wraparound porch has turned posts. The building faces east on South Fourth Street and is in fair condition.
The building was originally owned by W. L. Bice operated Calbreath and Bice furniture store on Main Street in Independence from approximately 1903 to 1910.