This T-plan Queen Anne Vernacular two story residence was built in 1895 for Orville A Kramer. It has intersecting gable roof with composition shingles. The windows include double hung single light sash and stationary. The front center bay window features flash glass and has a shed roof and brackets. There is also flash glass in one of the front doors. In the gables and on the first floor aluminum siding has been added over the original shiplap, but the staggered butt shingles all remain on the second story. There is a partial basement with walls of stones covered the second story. There is a partial basement with walls of stones covered on the exterior with tar paper. The front porch has been altered slightly on the exterior with tar paper. The front porch has been altered slightly.
The condition of the house is good. Wooden water table caps the foundation. This house is in good condition.
Orville Kramer owned a mens haberdashery and also sold eye glasses and jewelry.
NP= Not Eligible/ Out of Period
NHD= Listed in Historic District
Comments: The 1895 Orville A. Kramer house was demolished between 1994 and 2000 (available aerial photos). It was a 2-story Queen
Anne. The property was split into two (446 S 5th and 426 S 5th).
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow