This two and one half story residence is asymmetrical in plan. It has a multi-gable roof with wide eaves, covered with wood shakes. Ship-lap siding and decorative shingles on the gable ends sheath the exterior. A brick pier foundation supports the building. The windows are paired one over one double hung wood sash. There are rectangular bay windows on the east and west elevations. The front porch is covered by a hip roof and pedimented gable. It is supported by turned posts and spindle work brackets in a wagon wheel motif. The frieze is paneled and there are spindle-work eave brackets. The building has been re-roofed and the chimney replaced. The residence faces north on Monmouth Street and is in fair condition.
The building was originally owned by Mr. Baldwin in 1895. Claude Skinner occupied the building in the late 1920's. Skinner operated the stern wheeler which ran up and down the Willamette River.