490 S 5th

Classification:
Historic Non-Contributing
Year Built:
1887
Style:
Italianite

This one story L shaped house has intersecting gables and a composition roof that is truncated in the center. The two center gable chimneys have been replaced by a concrete block chimney on the exterior of the south elevation. A continuous concrete foundation is found on the east elevation. The house faces east and is located on the corner of 5th & F.

Major alterations include a nonconforming garage added to the north elevation, removal of the front porch, removal of bay windows, replacement of all windows with a wide variety of stationary windows, and enclosure of the back porch. There still remains most of the original brackets, the upper fish scale shingles and flash glass in the gable window. This house is in very poor condition.

This house was owned by Thomas Kelley who was a farmer on one of the local hop farms.

Drupal 6 Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux