536 S 5th

Classification:
Secondary
Year Built:
1910
Style:
Vernacular

This is a 1 1/2 story house with a multi-galed roof with composition shingles. It is rectangular in shape with dormer addition on the north elevation. It has very wide sheltering eaves and jerkinhead gables on the north and east elevations. These gables are also on the east elevation of the single car garage. The windows are double hung, six over one, mostly paired or tripled with architrave moldings. The siding  is weatherboard with approximately six inches exposed. It has a long concrete block foundation. This house is in good condition and is being restored by current owners.

The large maple tree appears to be one of a two block series of early plantings on South 5th Street.

This house was used as the Baptist Church parsonage for approximately 40 years.

Drupal 6 Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux