This one and one half story residence is rectangular in plan with additions and has a catslide roof covered with composition shingles. Shiplap siding ending in cornerboards sheaths the exterior. A concrete foundation supports the building. The windows are one over one and four over four double hung wood sash with a projecting cornice. There is a rectangular bay on the east elevation and a transom light over the entrance. The hip roof porch has square posts and a solid balustrade. The porch was altered in 1892, the windows have been altered and an addition was made to the east elevation c. 1950. There is an attached woodshed with board and batten siding associated with the residence. The building faces north on Monmouth Street and is in fair condition.
The building is reported to be one of the oldest structures on Monmouth Street. The residence was built by William Jones in 1885 and was then sold to Thomas McKinley. In 1943 the building was purchased by Henry Meyers. Another resident included Vivian Trosper Hanson, a seamstress.
EC= Eligible/ Contributing
NHD= Listed in Historic District
[House] Comments: Vinyl windows, aluminum slider in East gable end; rear addition (T1-11). Detached EC garage.
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow