562 "G" Street

The City of Independence Oregon - Official Website
Classification:
Historic Non-Contributing
Year Built:
1890
Style:
Eastlake

This large story and a half home is in a modified L-Plan. It has intersecting gable and a shed roof over the rear extension. The roof is composition shingles and there is a central chimney. The original siding has been covered with asbestos siding. The central window surrounds appear to have been altered and all windows are double hung one over one. The house has a continuous concrete foundation. This house is in good condition.

This house was moved to its present location after World War II to make room for the current city hall.

John Bohannon, an early owner, was the city's first watchman and City Marshall. He also owned and operated a sash and door factory around the turn of the century.

Drupal 6 Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux