This one and one half story residence is rectangular in plan and has a jerkinhead roof with paired gable dormers with rolled eaves. There is a projecting gable entry with rolled eaves and shed roof dormers on the south elevation. The roof material is composition shingle. The exterior is stucco and a concrete foundation supports the building. The windows are eight over one double hung wood sash with multi-light casement on either side. There is a blind rectangular bay on the south elevation. The gabled entry has an arched opening and massive piers. The building faces north on the corner of "C" Street and South Sixth Street and is in good condition.
There is a contributing garage connected to the residence by a breezeway. The one car garage is covered by jerkinshead rolled roof sheathed with red composition shingles. The structure is finished with stucco and has a tri-paneled garage door with multi-paned fixed windows on the upper portion of the doors.
The residence was constructed by Kenneth Williams in 1928. Williams owned a dry goods store in Independence which was located at 184 S. Main Street in the Old Fraternal Hall. Later occupants included Jr. and Maxine Hartman, Barbara Martin and El Agena.
EC= Eligible/ Contributing
NHD= Listed in Historic District
Comments: EC one-car garage connected to the residence by a breezeway.
6/1, 8/1, etc. wood sash windows with attached exterior storm windows; roll-over roof
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow