This one and one half story residence is a modified T shaped in plan. It has an intersecting gable roof with composition shingles. Narrow shiplap siding and shingles in the gable end sheath the exterior. A cast stone foundation supoports the building. The windows are wide one over one double hung wood sash and there is a polygonal bay window on the east elevation. There is a recessed porch with a projecting gabled entry supported by plain posts, on the north elevation. An addition has been made to the south elevation. The building faces north on Monmouth Street, about 100 feet from Ash Creek, and is in good condition.
B.F. Swope, an attorney occupied the building from 1930's to the early 1940's. The building was occupied in the 1940's by Frank Ellis, operator of a Palace Tavern on Main Street.
EC= Eligible/ Contributing
NHD= Listed in Historic District
Comments: EC detached garage
1/1 wood sash windows with attached exterior storm windows
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow