This one and one half story residence is rectangular in plan and has an intersecting gable roof with exposed rafters, wide eaves, brackets and composition shingles. Narrow shiplap siding sheaths the exterior. A concrete foundation supports the building. The windows are one over one double hung wood sash and fixed sash with a projecting cornice. There is a polygonal bay window on the south elevation. The porch which is covered with a gable roof, has large rectangular supports. The building faces east on the corner of South Third Street and "B" Street and is in excellent condition. The building was constructed in 1915 by Charles Taylor, a barber. Later occupants were Jim and Edra Coon who owned the Club Tavern in downtown Independence.
EC= Eligible/ Contributing
NHD= Listed in Historic District
[House] Comments: Aluminum storms; NC outbuilding
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow