This one and one half story residence is rectangular in plan and has a gable roof with a gable dormer and projecting gable entry. The roofing material is composition shingle. The exterior is coverd with thin weatherboard siding and shingles on the gable ends. There is a wide belt course and exposed rafters and brackets along the roofline. The front entry porch has been glasses in. The building faces east on the corner of South Fourth Street and "B" Street and is in good condition.
There is a two car garage to the west of the residence. The building is covered with a gable roof and has wide eaves with exposed rafters and multi-pane fixed windows. Shiplap siding clads the exterior. The garage doors are comprised of multi-panned windows on the top portion of the doors and panels on the lower half.
The building was constructed by the Mott family in 1902. Floyd Robinson occupied the building in the 1920's. The residence was owned by Byron Rudell in the mid-1950's. Rudell was the owner of the Sunset Hops Yards in the Independence area.