This two and one half story residence is rectangular in plan and has a gable roof with composition shingles. The roof has bracketed eaves and exposed rafters. Fire retardant shingles sheath the exterior. A concrete foundation supports the building. The windows are one over one double hung wood sash. There is a paneled front door with beveled glass. The hip roof front porch has tapered boxed porch posts and a solid balustrade. There is a planter box incorporated into the front porch. The windows have been altered and the building resided. There are two gable roof storage sheds to the west. The building faces east on the corner of Log Cabin Street and Butler Street and is in good condition.
The building was occupied by Ward Butler in 1918. Butler was an insurance agent with the New York Life Insurance. The Harpole family bought the building from the Butler's and resided there until 1943 when Ray Haener bought the building. Millie and Lewis Kelley moved into the residence in 1951.
EC= Eligible/ Contributing
NHD= Listed in Historic District
Comments: EC garage
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow