This one and one half story residence is T shaped in plan and an intersecting gable roof with a catslide rear extension. The roof material is composition shingle. Narrow shiplap siding sheaths the south wing and second floor of the front gable; narrow tongue and groove siding sheath the north wing and first floor of the front gable. There are cornerboards with caps. The windows are one over one double hung wood sash with projecting cornice. There is a vertical panel door and glazed horizontal panel door. The corner entry porch has a hip roof and is supported by turned posts. The corner entry was added c. 1895. The building faces west on Main Street and is in good condition. The building was constructed by Cooper in 1888. A later occupant was Gid Newton, who resided in the building in the 1920's. Newton owned a hop yard in the area.