This one story church is rectangular in plan and has a front facing gable roof. A second gable roof projects from the front elevation which covers the entrance.
Wide shiplap siding, finished with cornerboards, sheaths the exterior. A wooden watertable caps the concrete block foundation. Four over four double hung wood sash Gothic arched windows are located on the east facade. There is a flat arched entry portico and paired panel entrance doors which are flanked by bulls eye windows on the front facade. Alterations to the building include a shed roof addition on the east elevation, concrete entrance stairs, a recent addition of a balustrade and the removal of the steeple. The building faces south on the corner of North Walnut and "A" streets and is in good condition.
The Christian Church was built in 1886 by members of the congregation for a cost of $2,000 and was originally located on the corner of 3rd and "D" streets. It was later moved to it's present location and used by the Pythian Sisters. It was eventually converted into a private residence.