Skip to content
When do I not need a building permit?
- Blowing insulation into existing homes.
- Installing storm windows.
- Replacing interior wall, floor or ceiling covering, such as wallboard or sheet vinyl.
- Putting up shelving and cabinets.
- Installing gutters and downspouts.
- Replacing or repairing siding on a wall that is three feet or more from a property line.
- Replacing doors or windows in an existing opening.
- Concrete that is not in the public right of way.
- Building a patio or deck that is not more than 30 inches above grade.
- Re-roofing only residential buildings.