With freezing rain and snow in the forecast, we wanted to give you some tips on how to be prepared for winter weather:
– Main roadways will be cleared for emergency personnel only; use extreme caution if traveling.
– Keep your pets indoors.
– Report any falling ice or fallen branches/power lines.
– Have emergency supplies for your home and car.
– Check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
– Replenish fuel for your car/heating sources.
– Adjust plans if necessary.
– Have multiple ways to receive warnings.
Stay updated with the latest forecast at weather.gov/portland