The City of Independence would like to understand your downtown parking experience and how you would like it to improve in the future.
The Downtown Parking Experience project hopes to anticipate our city’s current and future parking needs in a way that promotes the vibrancy of Downtown Independence.
The project will :
- Inventory current parking spaces and use patterns
- Evaluate existing plans and parking regulations
- Work to ensure an adequate number of spaces are available.
Take Our Survey
Your input is critical to understanding the current parking experience in downtown Independence. Scroll down to read more about ways you can be involved in the project.
This project is focused on the area near downtown Independence, roughly bounded by A Street to G Street, and from S. 3rd Street to the Willamette River.
The project kicks off summer 2023 and is anticipated to be reviewed by the City Council in January 2024.
How To Get Involved
Your input is essential to creating a downtown parking experience that is suitable for residents and visitors in Independence. Check this webpage or watch our social media for updates on these engagement events.
- Thursday, August 10, 2023, 7-9 PM, Riverview Park
- Friday, August 11, 2023, 5-7 PM, Riverview Park