Police Staff
Employment Information
Emergency Preparedness
2-1-1 System
Municipal Code
Vacation House Check
Surveillance Camera Registration
Police Forms

Reports may be requested at the police department Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. There is a $5.00 research fee that will have to be paid up front and then $1.00 per page for copies will be collected when you pick up your copies. Research that takes longer than 10 minutes will incur larger costs. It will normally take 1-2 business days for your request to be processed. You will then be called and advised if the information was located and if the documents are ready.

You will receive a TOWED VEHICLE NOTICE when your vehicle is towed. You will need to bring that form to the Police Department first. There is an administrative fee that will be collected at that time and paperwork will be completed to allow the tow company to release the vehicle to you. If you are not the owner of the vehicle, you will also need to bring the owner of the vehicle, any paperwork that shows ownership, current insurance documentation and if necessary a licensed driver before the vehicle will be released.

Call 503-838-1214 (answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) to report your dog missing. If we do not have your dog in custody, we will keep your information so that we can contact you if your dog is turned in to us or spotted. If we do have your dog in custody we will arrange to meet up to get you reunited. There is a $35 impound fee with $20 per day board charge. Having your dog’s city license tag attached to his/her collar ensures that we can get your dog quickly returned to you.

City dog licensing follows the rabies vaccination expiration date. Proof of rabies vaccination must be presented at the time of purchasing a city license. There are three options for getting your dog licensed. First, you may purchase in person at the Independence Police Department during business hours by bringing in the proof of rabies paperwork. Second, you may mail the proof of rabies with a check to P O Box 7 Independence, OR 97351. Third, you can email us a photo of the rabies vaccination paper and your phone number so that we can call you for payment with a debit or credit card at ipd.intake@ci.independence.or.us . The pricing is as follows: neutered or spayed dog: $10 for a one year or $26 for three years (the rabies expiration must be good for three years) or $25 for a one year or $75 for a three year license.

ORS 609.100 states that all dogs in the State of Oregon must be licensed.

If it requires further investigation, a Detective will contact you. The Detective will investigate the crime in order to resolve or arrest as needed.

You can fill out the request form and drop it off at our department, fax it, or email it to us at: ipd.intake@ci.independence.or.us

  • Up to 10 minutes research time = $5/scan + $1.00 per page to print
  • 10 min – 2 hours = $25/hour + related fees (per page, CD/DVD)
  • Over 2 hours = Employee personnel service cost + related fees (per page, CD/DVD)
Public Records Request Form

We are open for fingerprinting M-F, 8-5 with the exception of the lunch hour from 11:30-12:30 when we are closed. Please make sure that you know the number of cards you will need printed and bring a current, valid, photo ID with you (Driver’s License or Passport are examples).

  • $20/1st card, $10/each additional card

If your vehicle was impounded for a criminal case, the Polk County District Attorney has to release the vehicle before it can be released by the department. The Police Department will contact you as soon as they receive notice from the District Attorney.

Police Chief

Robert Mason

  • 9-1-1

    (503) 838-1214 (non-emergency/business phone)

  • (503) 838-5548 (fax)

  • 555 South Main Street
    Independence, OR 97351

  • Office Hours: 8:00 am-11:30 am, 12:30-5:00 pm
    Monday-Friday (Closed Holidays)